Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PartWizard

charles48 Guest

Default PartWizard

I have a problem cutting out shapes w/ Partwizard. I use the cut along vector and my shape comes out just fine in the preview mode. I need an offset but when I use cut profiles I get a bunch of nonsense in the preview mode. I haven't been able to find anything on previous posts to fit my situation. Anyone know what's up?

Thanks

Charles...What do you mean exactly by 'non-sense'?

-Brady

charles48 Guest

It jogs to approximately x3.5 & y3, then moves back and forth at a slight angle for about and inch for 4 passes. It has no resemblance of the dxf file I imported.

Charles,
    You want to make sure that there aren't any stray vectors that are hidden...To do this bring it up in PW and select all (ctrl + A) Be sure to get a good look at EVERYTHING on the page & delete as needed.

Also, after you have selected all, group the vectors. PW will tell you if they are overlapping and in some cases open if they are not supposed to be.

CAD files notoriously add junk to files and often cause these problems. Let me know if this helps.

-Brady

robtown (Unregistered Guest) Guest

sounds like you got a little loop in there. Did you generate this file out of a drawing program like Corel? Did you resize it after importing into parts wizard? Sometimes I get little loops at the corners when I make .ai files or .eps files and then resize the shape. Also sometimes I get duplicate shapes on top of one another using .eps files.

Charles, we talked once about using Design CAD. Are you exporting Design CAD files as .dxf and then importing into Part Wizard? I don't have any problems doing this, but if you want to send me a sample Design CAD file, I'll try the steps for you and see what I get.

Regards,

Harold Weber

charles48 Guest

I reopened my file in Designcad and traced over my file w/ one continuous line deleted all the old lines. Resaved it to a dxf and it seems to work now. I had some points set for alignment that may have been causing the problem. I need to figure out how to put some alignment marks on to my pieces so I know where to drill to assemble my pieces. (It's rocking horse I want align the body with the leg's and have the corrert angle to attach the rocker assembly)

Thanks guys for sharing your experience. The people on this forum are great.

Charlie

heffy32145@yahoo.com Guest

i can't get it to load into the shop bot program from the parts wizard it say that it is the wrong type of file and wont load so i can put it through the mechine ! can anyone help me?

does it have an sbp extension or a txt extension.
    Be sure that it has ansbp extension example: dog.sbp

vcabinet Guest

Can somebody give me advice on making a cut path for cutting a 45* angle on the edge of a sheet of plywood. I can send you a drawing I you email me. Thanks for the help, I am a new user.