PDA

View Full Version : Playing, Having fun, Just Starting...

german
04-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Ok guys, here are some of the things I did the last thursday when I was off from my regular glazier job.
For the round piece I used a 1/2 inch core box, 1 ips 16000 rpm, .125 s.d.
For the piece with the clover on the center I used a 1 inch 90 degrees v bit, .5 ips, .5 s.d., 16 rpm and to flat the bottom a 1/4 inch end mill down cut same speed and s.d.
All the art work was done on partworks( amazing program)
One more time I have to thank you all for the info post here, and for the unconditional help you guys give to the newbies.
Thank you again.

German

harryball
04-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Very nice. Even the circle pattern, It's amazing what you can do even with a typical 1/4" cutter.

I find adding simple little details and curves to something using your cutting bit (avoiding a bit change) can really dress up a job. It's so simple to do on the bot but exceptionally difficult otherwise. This can give you a serious edge when selling work. A panel cutter / table saw shop simply can't compete.

Keep them coming and enjoy!

/RB

gene
04-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Good work . how long have you had your bot? keep us posted on the good work you're doing

dubliner
04-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Where have I seen that Gothic "Rosette" I would love to incorporate it into some things. I've been watching "The Tudors" on Showtime & the Gothic wood & stonework is just breathtaking. Great work German!

german
04-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Thank you all guys for your support when we need it, I lern how to do this here on the forum, reading and reading your post,in other words; this is part of your knowledge.
Gene, I have my bot for about one year but I just put it together last december, and I just have saturdays to use it.
Neville, two of the drawings are pictures I took here in NY, the square one in a chapel metal door, and the rectangular is a wall decoration made of marble also in a chapel, I just put the picture on my program and node editing over it.
which one is the one you said?
Thank you again.

German.

ckurak
04-22-2008, 11:37 PM
German,

Very impressive!

And, I just learned something from you. I did not think to take a picture of a design, and bring it in to PartWorks. I just recently got PartWorks and am still learning.

Thanks for sharing!

Charles

gene
04-23-2008, 10:08 PM
That is very smart.. you could import it into corel and trace it , then node edit and send it to partworks to machine it,, kind of opens up a new way to get the end results needed..