PDA

View Full Version : 3 more posts

steve
03-12-2010, 03:20 PM
these are done in pine to test the desgin and toolpathing.
4x4x36"

rcnewcomb
03-12-2010, 03:45 PM
May I include your photos in the indexer tutorial under the general section?
http://www.222artisans.com/Rotary/RotaryTutorialGeneral.html

I'd also appreciate any input you might have for people who are new to indexer work.

myxpykalix
03-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Stephen,
Are these designs going to be part of your inventory of models for sale? When does the store open because i want to be the first customer! You really got this down pat looks like....good job!

myxpykalix
03-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Stephen,

I went back and looked at those designs again and for example on my legacy ornamental mill i can do reeding with a side reeding bit and a template but what bit are you using and how are you creating the toolpath?
If you are using a side reeding bit how are you ceating the path to pull away from material? What are the deminsions of the examples you show above?

steve
03-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Randall, you are welcome to use any of my pictures for your tutorial as long as I get credit. As for input you seem to have a lot of information there already, don't know how much more I could say, unless someone has a specific question about how I do things.

steve
03-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Jack, you have a Legacy mill, how would you do it on that, make a template ...right? Just make a "template" in artcam or partworks, make a vector and have the bit cut it on th inside. I am using the same bit you would on your legacy mill but with the bearing removed, they have some now with no bering at all, they would be a better choise.

myxpykalix
03-14-2010, 07:19 PM
DUUUH......how obvious was that? Man I need to get my memory banks cleaned out of all the clutter. That makes perfect sense. Thanks

BUT....(you knew there was a but in there somewhere right?) If you Zzero your designs at the center how do you determine the depth from the center (meaning the outside edge of material) in order to cut it not only at the right depth but in the right "plane" so it follows the design correctly?

I know that i know some of this stuff but can't retain it. If by chance any of you see me wandering the streets just pin a note to me and take me to the dogtrack and leave me.....