PDA

View Full Version : trying out new stuff

carlhopkins
03-20-2010, 09:01 AM
test signs,
the Millwood Farms is a sample for a friend. the project is for wood side rails for his truck.

gc3
03-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Looks nice Carl. :)

GC

chiloquinruss
03-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Carl - is this for decoration only or is it really intended to be a business oriented sign? I thinik the lettering for a business sign should be bolder to attract the viewer to the name or phone number or whatever. If it's a show truck and just decoration then subtle it always better. :) Just a thought, but nice work in any event. Russ

carlhopkins
03-20-2010, 11:05 PM
thanks Gene,

Russ, both of these shown were to test try technics. The actual Millwood Farms sign is for decoration only but the letters are much bigger and bolder. I will post a picture of the final out put. It is for a friend that has a company not related to the "Farm" the farm is a hobby and he came to me way back last year and asked me how good I was with a router.
Kinda funny huh?
He has bought several cabinet jobs and wants me to put cabinets in his cabin and his residence soon I hope! Any way he is a good friend and has a flat bed truck with treated lumber side rails now. He will be blown away with these. I see this as great advertisement for me, I tend to think folks will be asking where he got them. We will see I am thinking I will do some for my own truck now.
thanks

carlhopkins
03-27-2010, 05:23 PM
final sign, I think they turned out kinda nice.

chiloquinruss
03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Looks great, nice job. Russ

gc3
03-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Very nice Carl. Those should turn a head!

Gene