PDA

View Full Version : Our first real 100kgarages project

robredick
03-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Here is a photo of a display that we cut For BOKA Powell of Dallas Tx. This is a project that will be displayed as a part of Retrospect 2010 presented by AIA Dallas. The design came from the brilliant minds of BOKA Powell Architects then was edited and toolpathed with Aspire. This was our first large scale project produced exclusively with Aspire (15 sheets of 3/4" Arreis totaling some 150 small parts). This thing is a 7' tall monster that goes together with dog bone joints (no hardware). Aspire saved me several hours of computer time and I actually had fun making it happen. I encourage all of you to step outside of the box and register on 100kgarages. You may not make a fortune, but, you just might get to enjoy yourself.

myxpykalix
03-21-2010, 07:22 PM
It looks very cool but what is its function? Is it a piece of art or some type of display? Was its purpose a exercise in creating something that goes together without fasteners? Good job Rob

gc3
03-21-2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.archdaily.com/48881/intersection-campos-leckie-studio/

if it is made...they will...

We did the woodwork for one of their home designs here in Los Cabos

http://www.camposleckie.ca/index.php?/project/zacatitos-001/

GC

bill.young
03-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Hey Rob,

Thanks for posting about your 100kGarages job. We're hearing about more and more of them and are excited that it's generating work for people.

We've added a photo gallery to the 100kGarages start page with examples of the kind of work that Fabbers can do. If you (or anyone that's done a 100kGarages job) have pictures from jobs you've done, send them on and we'll post them with a link to your profile.

jsooter
03-22-2010, 10:13 AM
That is awesome looking. I need to check out Aspire!

wberminio
03-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Very interesting project!

Did they find you through 100,000 garages?

robredick
03-22-2010, 11:59 PM
I guess that it is display art. There are 3 monitors that suspend inside of the slats (one on each side). They will run an informational video loop about the project (I am giving them 15 minutes of the bot cutting). They did find us through Garages.

Bill, I will certainly send some of the post install photos.