PDA

View Full Version : Ecabinet sheet selection

boubou
03-31-2010, 03:59 PM
I should receive my dongle tomorrow so i can (write) to shopbot. I would like to know if any of the link users have problems with sheet selection ? No matter what the selection is in the setting area for (sheet selection), when i hit write button, it will write all the sheets in the same file. I would like to be able to write only 1 sheet at the time,any idea?:rolleyes:

Also, if there is any prs standard (colombo 3hp) users, i would like to have some setting info to start in the right direction (dado settings, speed,number of passes) i am using 5MM compression for everything and cutting 5/8 melamine. Any good info is welcome and will save me hours of trials.:eek:

For the past 2 years, this FORUM has answered all my question without asking , amazing place and amazing people with lots of experience. Thanks to everyone,BOUBOU:)

dlcw
03-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Andre,

SBLink will create a cut file for all the sheets that match your selection criteria when you load a job. This is the default.

When you output the file to the ShopBot, when you get the dongle, you can select which sheet you would like to cut by entering the sheet number in the dialog box that will be presented to you.

I've got a PRSAlpha with a 2.2hp spindle. I cut plywood at about 4-6 ips at 10K rpm. For 3/4" plywood I use a 3/8" mortise compression bit. For 1/2" and 5/8" plywood I use a 1/4" mortise compression. For melamine I would slow the spindle (8K rpm) and your cutting speed (3 ips) on the PRS Standard as it can't cut as fast as the Alpha. If your machine is screaming when it cuts then you need to slow down the spindle even more. A scream indicates the bit wants more material to eat.

One thing I found out, the hard way, was to make your cuts in two passes. On the first pass cut in a climb direction leaving a skin. Then make the second pass a conventional cut. What this does it removes most of the material while the bit is flexed away from the cut line. The second pass, since there is very little material to remove, will flex VERY little thus cutting on the line and cutting through the material. The result - excellent cut quality.

Be patient with the SBLink as there is a learning curve. Several people here have gotten quite proficient with it and can answer your questions and help you through.

Gary Campbell
03-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Andre...
Once the Link has nested your files, you can select any, or all of them. You also have the ability in the "Load" screen to select and deselect any or all parts, and you can select by material.

You can also filter your parts in eCabs and make each sheet a job (.esj) and then make a TWD for each sheet. I see no reason you would want to do this, as I would prefer to spool 20 sheets than 2, but you should have the ability to do what ever you like.

You should be able to run that bit around 3 ips/180 ipm in most materials. You might want to start slower and move up, as those speeds may be near the limits for the Standard.

ken_rychlik
03-31-2010, 06:12 PM
You can just nest one part at a time till you get the feel for it.

What you need is someone to send screen shots of all their settings. There are a LOT of boxes to set up the way you want it to cut.

Now, if I could just teach this thing to assemble the boxes....

boubou
03-31-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi Ken, i have ecabinet program well covered and i have all my cabinets ready to cut. I am more interested in the link set up for a prs standard. Is printing lables something easy to acheve. Boubou

Gary Campbell
03-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Andre...
There are a good number of us using the labels. Its a fairly easy process, but in order to be accurate, should be done from the computer the Link is on after the final nest. Most of us are using the Dymo thermal printer and removable labels.

ken_rychlik
03-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Mine is a prs std, but I'm not printing lables... yet ...

Kenneth

boubou
04-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi Gary, i looked at the dymo printers, which one is the good one and what paper do you use. I got my dongle yesterday and everything looks good on preview mode. First try schedule for tomorrow morning. Boubou

dlcw
04-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Andre,

I use the Dymo 400 for printing labels. I get my labels from eBay. Search for Dymo 400 printing labels and they should come up.

The only down side is the printing can smear and smudge a little bit if you aren't careful with the parts. Sliding them around on top of one another causes the smudging.

boubou
04-04-2010, 07:10 AM
I am trying to locate the lables selection folder in window 7, any idea. i need the path to select a regular avery lable sheet,Thanks Boubou