PDA

View Full Version : Thistle pedistal

steve
05-05-2010, 07:00 AM
This one in pine, 7.5" dia x 24" high.Modeled in artcam and reeds cut with a side beading cutter.

myxpykalix
05-05-2010, 02:13 PM
ANOTHER MASTERPIECE!!!! When are you opening up the store because i want to be the first to buy one of your designs?

I have some of the side beading/reeding bits from magnate and have done that manually on the legacy, tell me again (because i forgot) how you set up your toolaths to cut from the side and follow your profile?

what is the deminsions on this piece? Good Job Stephen....

do you have a top down or bottom up pic to show how you are glueing up your blanks because inevitably i wind up with weak spots in some of my glue ups..thanks

kevin
05-05-2010, 08:29 PM
it looks killer

is there market for those turimg in your area ?

thanks for the insperation

jdervin
05-05-2010, 09:39 PM
I love your work and always can't wait to see what you'll come up with next.

loriny
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Would you stop it. I don't have time to try learn my indexer and you keep flaunting your work.
That is awesome
Lorin

jsooter
05-06-2010, 02:21 AM
Awesome job! That definitely inspires me to get an indexer

steve
05-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Jack, I guess you should have saved the posts from last time! LOL. Here is a couple of pics. to remind you.

steve
05-06-2010, 06:56 AM
it looks killer

is there market for those turimg in your area ?

thanks for the insperation
Kevin, I don't know yet what the local market might be like for these turned posts and pedistals. I am almost ready to do a brochure and send it out. All these things are (or will be) for sale on my web site.

steve
05-06-2010, 06:57 AM
I love your work and always can't wait to see what you'll come up with next.
Thanks John, I am thinking of a hollow post with some grill work cut through.

steve
05-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Would you stop it. I don't have time to try learn my indexer and you keep flaunting your work.
That is awesome
Lorin
Lorin, can't help it, regular work bores me to tears these days. Doing these is the only reason I keep working. .....well... I guess I need the money from the "other" work.

steve
05-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Awesome job! That definitely inspires me to get an indexer
Jason, get one! It's cheaper than a Harley, and if you don't get it now... when are you going to?

steve
05-06-2010, 07:38 AM
oh yea, Jack, the first 5 inches of the pedistal are hollow to allow for bolts for feet, the rest is solid.

jsooter
05-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Getting one is on my agenda. Normal work bores me as well

myxpykalix
05-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi Stephen...thanks for posting that. I am sure that i probably saved the postings from before but I can't remember where i put it!! And that has nothing to do with my "condition" lol, how many of us download something then can't find it because we forget where we put it?:eek:

The same thing is true with tools, parts in our shops. When tennants would move out i would change locks and doorknobs then put them in a bag and think i'll save those and use them next year. Guess what happens next year? I never remember where i put them and go down to the store and buy a new one....am I the only one this happens to? :D

Stephen I have not been able to do much on the indexer lately but these designs sure inspire me to want to do more, I look forward everytime to your new creations:cool: