PDA

View Full Version : New customer sign

dlcw
05-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Just finished this sign for a customer. Simple yet effective. Even though it is only 56" x 38" you can see it clearly from across the 2 lane road and many people have commented on how easy it is to read. Not busy and distracting like most signs they see.

It is made from cedar and I used One-Shot paints and sealer. The leaf and rock logo model was done in Aspire by Charles Knopp from a picture we supplied to him.

The cedar panel is 1.75" thick and we used several tools for roughing and finishing.

Customer is absolutely thrilled. :D

carve_1
05-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Wow Don, what a nice job you did painting the logo,,, your painted sign looks better than the photogragh of the logo you sent me.

Fantastic work,

Charles

dakers
05-10-2010, 08:11 AM
I like what you have done. the sign has a curiosity factor. if i was driving by the sign it makes me want to know more about the company and what they do.. the large logo and the small lettering probably create that curiosity factor. i love the simplicity of the logo as logos should look recognizable at any size and be unique.
this sign departs from the way i approach signs (larger name) but after seeing this i can see the marketing wisdom in this approach for this particular client. may not work for all businesses but definitely works for this one. like the panels and easy to read phone number.
thanks for reminding me of this design approach.