PDA

View Full Version : Dallas/Forth Worth mentor

Big-Tex
05-13-2010, 12:33 PM
I would like learn gold leafing from someone in the area.
Hands or show and tell beats manuals etc.
Thanks

joewino
05-13-2010, 05:09 PM
David Harding is in Carrollton. Robert Beverly is in Arlington.

I'm 120 miles south in Temple, but would be glad to help if you want to make the trip.

Big-Tex
05-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Mr. Chapman I do appreciate offer.
I have came up to your shop before, I used to work In Georgetown.

BTW nice work at your shop.

steve_g
05-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Thomas,
I'm just around the corner from you in Garland and would be interested in joining you, if you find someone locally to instruct.

Steve

Big-Tex
05-14-2010, 09:22 AM
How about worst case scenario going to Temple and share learning opportunity together if Mr. Chapman is cool with that.

joewino
05-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Well, Thomas....my apology - I simply didn't recognize the name. Are you not working in Georgetown any more?

Anytime you want to come down we will have a gold leaf session...or anything else that I might be able to help you with. Just let me know when you want to come.

That goes for anyone else also. If you would like to set up a mini-course with Thomas we could all get together and pool our knowledge and experiences.

By the way, Thomas is an excellent designer and craftsman. His work is outstanding, and he has a great desire to learn all he can.

steve_g
05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Thomas,
I would consider it an honor to go with you, but only if you let me buy the gas!
Steve

Big-Tex
05-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Thank you for kind words, we all learn entire lifes and die dumb.

Drive to learn is one thing selling your self/your product is another.
But here it is my take on it, the better I can get I can outperform my competition. It is also chalenging to compete with capable and inteligent people. That is where $$$ part comes in.

Mr.Chapman
No I do not work there anymore, started new job much closer to my home.

powerlsc
05-14-2010, 11:19 AM
I would definately be interested in any additional instruction. I initially learned gold leafing (?) from Larry Whan in Banff, Canada, but would be interested in your technique Mr. Chapman.
I'm here in Brenham. Have wanted to make the trip to Laird plastics to check out their Duna.
Keep us posted.

joe
05-14-2010, 10:19 PM
That would be lots of fun. I could come and show how not to do it, then Chappy, following right behind, showing how to do it the right way. After all, You gotta have both sides.

Lots of folks who are learnign don't know the proper angel to hold the Gilders Tip. Raymond could show you how.

Listen Chappy, we could team up and make some serious buck out of this. What do you think?

joewino
05-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Sounds good to me, Joe. You get it set up and I'll collect the money.

Big-Tex
05-17-2010, 09:12 PM
After conversation with Mr.Chapman we have set up date of guilding workshop.

Place: Chapman Sign Studio, Temple Texas
Date: Sat May 29 2010
Time will be posted.....

Anybody wanting to attend here is an opportunity to learn.
I live in Plano and will be going if anyone is interested in ride sharing send me a PM.

Thank you..