PDA

View Full Version : What product is this? Not Colorcore(R)

harryball
05-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I saw this at the Jamboree. It is not King Plastics Colorcore... atleast that is what they tell me. All of their products are 3 layers. Piedmont Plastics could not identify it.

It seemed to be about 5/16" thick, it didn't feel like 1/4" and it was not 1/2".

AND... can you tell me where to find it in/near Atlanta?

/RB

bleeth
05-24-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't know but I would get (if you don't already have it) a Johnson Plastics catalog. The massive variety of laminated plastics out there will blow your mind.

chodges
06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
That looks a LOT like photopolymer. You can tell for sure if the raised text is integral to the background (not glued on), and if there is a sloped shoulder where the backside of the text meets the background.

twelchPTM
10-22-2012, 11:27 AM
its a pvc product very similiar to colorcore, you can tell by the smooth surface. colorcore as well as most hdpe plastic sheet products has a textured finish. I don't know of a brand name for it and the only reason i know is because i picked it up in a discussion on another forum. It is most commonly found in approximatly 1/8" thickness and used for applications like name tags and labels, very common on electrical panels in commercial and industrial buildings. also colorcore and comparable materials is typicaly colorA/colorB/colorA].