PDA

View Full Version : 1st year completed

gc3
06-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Bought used pr machine late May 2009. Delivered and set up early June 2009. No previous CNC experience but I am a tool freak.

Many thanks to Ken Zey for all of the help and hand holding for the first few months of operation.

Funny thing. I bought a new computer to run the machine early this month, a off lease HP unit...wow what a difference, even with the 3.4.27 software it runs at max jog speed 6 in/sec and carves easily at 4 in/sec XY, 3 in/sec Z with what seems like ease...

Thanks to all who have posted replies.

I also would like to say that the guys at bot control should start a "bot of the month" thread...I would like to be the first feature...yikes

Gene

still looking for used rp/prt parts

myxpykalix
06-16-2010, 01:31 AM
"I am a tool freak."
That seems to be an addiction we all suffer from here.

"Hi my name is Jack, and i'm a tool addict"
"Hi Jack!"
Well it all started when i say a demo of this really cool machine called a shopbot on this show called "Cool Tools".......

Gene, i'm no computer expert but i would guess that your added speed is a direct result of your extra computing power. I'm still impressed that you are doing all your work off solar power.:eek:

You seem to be living the life of a modern day Robinson Crusoe complete with your own "Girl Friday"

curtiss
06-16-2010, 12:43 PM
The best comment of the month could win a Shopbot T-shirt....:)

wberminio
06-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Congrats Gene
I'm pushing 3 years And have never looked back!!

BOT ON!!!