PDA

View Full Version : Zeroing (C3) prox problems

Richard Ford
07-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Good morning all. I need a little help I have an '07 PRS standard that I purchased in April the machine has been trouble free until this week. I can not run my C3 zeroing routing as the contorller thinks the prox swtiches are hit. The comment box reads "use arrow keys to move off of prox switch (ESC when clear). I move the table and head with manual controls and the error does not go away. I've check the proxes with a steel ruler and the lights go on and off. I've traced the wires and they are in place. The Inputs on the control screen are green. And I tried changing the VN settings to see if that's the fix but no change. I'm running out of Idea's any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

New Shopbotter...
Richard Ford

jerry_stanek
07-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I just ran a c3 on my PRS and it showed that it hit the switch even though it didn't. I just said resume and it went through the zeroing.

dlcw
07-03-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm not sure on the PRS Standard but on the PRS Alpha you need to also press the reset button on the 3-button control pendent. This seems to put the controllers brains back in order so you can proceed. At least it does on my Alpha.

Richard Ford
07-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Hello Don and Jerry
Jerry, When the error is made there is not an option to resume, the options it gives me is (Ok) and (Quit) I press ok an use the manual function to move and it repeats the error.

Don, Where do I find the reset button? Is it on the monitor control scree?

dlcw
07-03-2010, 05:36 PM
On my PRS Alpha there is a cable that comes out of the controller with a box at the end that has three buttons. One is an emergency stop, another is a reset and the third is the spindle start button. Like I said I don't know if the PRS standard has this or not.

magic
07-03-2010, 05:40 PM
have you been changing any values, reciently?

Richard Ford
07-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks Don the standard does not, but thanks for the comment.

Richard Ford
07-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I have change the VN input values but changed them back to standard switch. I did reset the table coordinates...

jerry_stanek
07-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I just changed my inputs from closed to standard and I get the message that you are getting. Also my lights are green after I changed them. I changed them back and I can zero with the C3 comand.

jerry_stanek
07-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Before I change any settings I like to take a screen shot of what I have so I can go back and reset them the way they were.

Gary Campbell
07-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Richard...

1st check that you are not in preview mode.

2nd Try [U] [R] and either reset to defaults or load the settings for your type of machine.

You didnt say what software version you are running

Richard Ford
07-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Jerry it did it..... It's fixed. Thank you.....
Thanks Jerry, Don and Magic for your help and support....
Good Night and Have a Happy 4TH....

Richard Ford
07-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey Gary Thanks......