PDA

View Full Version : SB Link Training Seminar

Gary Campbell
08-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Guys...
Over the last few weeks there has been an increase in requests by those needing help with getting the SB Link up and cutting. To that end, I am looking to see if there is enough interest for a 1 to 2 day seminar/training session.

There will be a modest charge for this, and travel to N, MI would be the responsibility of the attendee. Along with an in depth discussion of the tooling and settings, tips & tricks will be shared. Files will be cut and users shown how various setting affect cut quality.

Attendees will be able to set up their link and take complete settings back to their machine.

Any takers?

zeykr
08-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Would love to, but I don't think I can make a trip up upper MI right now.
Any possibility of a video or documentation or something along those lines?

ken_rychlik
08-04-2010, 08:33 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Something along the iines of what the vectric tutorials has online. I learned a lot about thier programs by watching them.

Or a pay per call phone number for Gary, lol

I still owe you lunch, and I'm sure lots of others do as well. :eek:

Kenneth

john_hartman
08-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Gary-

I would be very interested in this. I'm heading down to Thermwood for the ecab trainning in September or October..

Gary Campbell
08-05-2010, 08:36 PM
OK.... so maybe an organized seminar wasnt the best idea. So... for those looking to learn more about the SB Link... what would work for you? Ideas? Or am I mistaken...? Everyone is rockin and rollin?

alister
08-05-2010, 09:16 PM
The idea is great, but for me getting away is a problem.

I'm subscribed to the videos and watch them

My biggest weakness is the scripting when buggering about with the custom files a lesson video on that would be nice

Gary Campbell
08-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Alister...
That, I am sorry to say, is one area where I will not be doing any instruction. The MTC files have all been turned over to ShopBot some time back so they could complete them.

I dont have a machine to test any of the MTC actions on, so I very seldom ever even look at them anymore. The copies that are still out there are unsupported by both myself and ShopBot. If you are running a copy of these, you may wish to upgrade to the OEM version, or go to school to keep them working.

SB has many docs pertaining to programming with the SB code. Most of thm can be found either under [H]elp on the console or in the C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot3\Help folder

ken_rychlik
08-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Gary,

What if you got with Dennis and added it to the ecab training program?

Kenneth

Gary Campbell
08-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Kenneth...
This may be the second time that "you are just not wrong" :D

ken_rychlik
08-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Mainly the book that explains it is weak. It makes sense after you have been running it for a while, but when you are first getting started, the book seems like it was written by someone on a different level.

It needs to be written in more of a step by step for a rookie to understand better.

The techs at thermood are very good about explaining what I had trouble with, but if the book were just done more clearly, it would save the phone calls.

Kenneth

bleeth
08-06-2010, 06:15 AM
Hey Gary: I think along about the time that you're freezing your butt off from a nice Northerly comin off the lake you should just stop on by and run a little class from here. I bet it's easier to get people to Florida than Northern Mich. Green ones on me!!

Gary Campbell
08-11-2010, 06:22 PM
In a way.... this thread continued here: http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11430

Dave...
Do your "greenies" have pics of presidents on them? Or my favorite, a kite flying, lightning attracting inventor? :D