PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor kitchen

steve fedor
08-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Before and after. King Starboard makeover. Face frame made from .5x4x8 sheets using .25 o flute from Shop Bot bit set. Doors, drawers and fronts are cut from same. Templated the face frames using masonite cut with the bot then made field adjustments for any irregularities and edited them into the final cut file. This product is resistant to chemicals, but pencil marks are permanent. :eek: Nice product, Considered Azek for this project, but went with King Starboard for it's limited expansion and contraction rate, rigidity and boat applications.

john_l
08-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Good job. Looks like it should hold up well. What did you pay per sheet for the StarBoard? I guess the stainless sheeted the water and the carcasses are OK? Looks like those took on a lot of water before.

steve fedor
08-07-2010, 08:33 AM
It ran $185.00 per sheet for the 1/2" x 5 sheets through a local wholesale supplier. I noticed web marine stores were significantly higher. You are correct about water sheeting over the stainless top. The gutter was full of leave debri and leaking at the joint near the grill. I think it accelerated door failure. We cleaned the gutter and sealed the joint. The cabinet carcuses are constructed from pressure treated 2x4 and plywood. Should last a while. :)
Steve

wberminio
08-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Nice job.

Outdoor kitchens are the slowly becoming the new big thing!