PDA

View Full Version : Brio Track

krfitz
01-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Hello All,

I did a search on the forum for "brio" and came up with nothing. I find it hard to believe and suspect that someone has posted on this before. Anyway, I have just completed a Part Wizard file for Brio track, and I will put it on my web site at http://www.krfitz.com
I have not tried it out yet, but hope to do so next week. If you run into any problems, please let me know.

Kevin Fitz-Gerald

srwtlc
01-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey Kevin,

I'm assuming that you're talking about train tracks?

I've thought about making some many a time, but just haven't taken the time to do so. Here's some bits (or at least one bit) that would eliminate a few steps. Train Track Bits (http://www.pricecutter.com/html/catalog/productGroup.asp/98481)

Scott

krfitz
01-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Thanks for posting the link, Scott. Yes, bit C would eliminate the extra chamfer cuts along the rail grooves. You would still have to change bits to cut the profile though.

-Kevin

jthelen
01-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Kevin,
I made a bunch of track for my 6 year old 4 years ago. I have a bunch of DXF files on my shop computer. I will try to zip and post them when I get to the shop again.
Jim

jseiler@bluemarble.net
01-11-2005, 03:36 PM
on the bits with the links posted, they sideways using the A bit to get the male side. It seems like it would be best to cut flat using a 1/4" bit but then that would leave a rounded edge. What do you guys normally do about that, just refinish that edge, or is there some clever way to get a square inside corner?

beacon14
01-11-2005, 04:19 PM
just put the matching rounded profile on the female side

krfitz
01-11-2005, 04:22 PM
On the computer the little fillet left by the radius of the bit does not cause a problem. Actually, it should be slightly stronger than a hard corner. I have not cut a part yet but I don't think it will present a problem when assembling the track. Some "flexibility" (i.e. slop) may be lost, but that's all. Will report the results after I cut some.

-Kevin