PDA

View Full Version : Stop button is on error

tracys
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I've been receiving this message whenever I turn the Shopbot on in the morning. "The remote stop button connected to input 4 appears to be on and needs to be checked." The no. 4 indicator on the control software is blinking red. I used to just push the stop on the remote switch and hit resent and is would stop blinking. Then I had to do it a few times even restart the software.

All the switches appear to work, you can hear the reset switch inside the control panel when its pushed.

Today I tried restarting everything a few times, checked the VN command to see if it was switched from open and closed. Looks good there. So my plan was to call Shopbot next.

I got pulled away for about 20 minutes, when I got back it was fine.

So does it sound like an electrical problem, software problem, or something loose with a switch. Not sure where to start.

I am running version 3.5.9, PRS Alpha, spindle, with variable speed control.

Gary Campbell
11-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Tracy...
The Estop is a dual path series NC circuit. This means every connection has to be made or a STOP results. Check every connection at the switch and in the control box. Tighten and wiggle them all. Then carefully inspect the wire between. Flex it as you look.

Last item, make sure that you have the proper settings installed for your machine.

tracys
11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I will check out all the connections. I don't think its the settings only because I didn't change anything, it just started happening. Thanks.