PDA

View Full Version : Jet DC1200 Dust Collector - Overkill ?

archis
11-10-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm getting very close to the purchase of a 48" buddy and I'm starting to think about the other items I'll need. Someone on CL has a Jet DC1200 dust collector for a pretty good price. My shop is in my basement and is about 12 x 16 and the only serious tool I currently have is an old Delta Super 900 Radial Arm Saw.

I have two questions concerning the Jet DC1200. First, is it overkill is a small basement shop like mine? Second, could it be used to provide vacuum for a vacuum table?

Thanks,
Jim

bleeth
11-10-2010, 07:22 PM
No it is not overkill and no it will not work as a vacuum holdown. Just about any single bag will take up the same space so you might as well have the extra suction. If the price is right do it.

dlcw
11-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Jim, since you have a shop in the house, the bigger and more efficient the dust collector the better. A friend of mine burned out a furnace motor because his DC was to small to keep the dust under control. The furnace filters clogged up so fast and so bad that the motor burned up. Use your DC on every and any took that will take the hookup.

archis
11-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the input, I will pursue it.

What is the most economical way to do a vacuum table for a buddy?

bleeth
11-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Brady Vac. More work to fix up then a Fein vacuum but far superior.

bigboxkurt
11-15-2010, 01:00 PM
I have the Jet 1100C (canister model) hooked up to my buddy and it works great. The only thing you have to figure out is how to hang the hose so that it will travel with the moving head and stay away from the moving table. At first I just let my hose kid of hang there...not a good idea. Good luck. When you get your hold down set up please post something to the Buddy forum!