PDA

View Full Version : Help with V3

khaos
11-29-2010, 05:43 PM
OK so I have sticker shock for the V3 upgrade. I love Aspire real bad. I just don't know that I will love the new aspire enough to get up off the ducketts especially at Christmas time.

The ability to select vectors based on filters is tasty.
tiling is nifty
the tool database needed a fix.
3D shape editor? Is it hot?

Has anyone with an unbiased opinion gotten the upgrade that can speak to a measurable added value? This will help me make my decision. Also, I assume the emailed upgrade price is for a limited time. How long is that offer good for? I will certainly not be getting it in Dec. but I might be a Q1 kinda guy.

burchbot
11-29-2010, 06:50 PM
The trial version of Aspire 3.0 is available at.
http://www.vectric.com/ (http://www.vectric.com/)
give it a spin.
Dan

knight_toolworks
11-29-2010, 07:54 PM
I need to buy the full deal. I have been doing more 3d and i need it. if this job today goes well the work for this company almost pays for it. but still this is my one and only Christmas present.

adrianm
11-30-2010, 03:43 AM
I don't do that much 3D but the toolpath templates have saved me far more time than the cost of the upgrade.

I work with oak, beech, mdf and ply. All in thicknesses of 12mm, 18mm and 25mm. I've created a series of templates for those materials and thicknesses.

Setting up a new job now is a matter of drawing the vectors, putting them on layers relating to their function (cutout, profile, pocket, detail etc etc) then loading the previously saved template and hitting calculate.

No errors with feed rates or forgetting a ramp, it's done once and that's it.

khaos
11-30-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't do that much 3D but the toolpath templates have saved me far more time than the cost of the upgrade.

I work with oak, beech, mdf and ply. All in thicknesses of 12mm, 18mm and 25mm. I've created a series of templates for those materials and thicknesses.

Setting up a new job now is a matter of drawing the vectors, putting them on layers relating to their function (cutout, profile, pocket, detail etc etc) then loading the previously saved template and hitting calculate.

No errors with feed rates or forgetting a ramp, it's done once and that's it.

I am going to look at this more closely. Thanks for taking your time to respond. I hope more people share their experiences. :rolleyes:[hint hint]

I think I will DL the demo this weekend and play a little. Its just such a time investment to design/cut analyze the bennies when you are not looking for something specific. Thanks Again.

-Joe

khaos
01-02-2011, 05:55 PM
just sent my info to get the upgrade deets. Looks good.

michael_schwartz
01-10-2011, 05:53 PM
The distortion feature for vectors and 3D conponents is really useful as well. Especially if you don't own any other vector drawing programs. Definitely used this feature on my first aspire V3 project.

The new tool database is much improved, and the ability to split components with a vector, and quickly create vector bounderies for compoents is nice.

The feature that automatically connects rail nodes for two rail sweeps is also great. This would have saved me about 30 mins drawing/modeling time on a recent project.