PDA

View Full Version : "Samples, Samples, Samples!"

Gary Campbell
11-29-2010, 08:46 PM
(A quote from a very wise man) We have been asked by a local sign shop to make a number of wall display samples. Here are a few of the ones I liked the best.

frank134
11-29-2010, 09:20 PM
very nice. you really do good work.

dlcw
11-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Gary,

Is that first one MDF or sign foam? I really like them all. I would love to have some local sign shops ask for something like these to display in their shops for customers.

Gary Campbell
11-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Don....
Sign shop supplied 1.5" HDU. Man... can you rocket a bit thru that stuff! I try never to even bring MDF into the shop, havent found much use for it yet.

knight_toolworks
11-30-2010, 12:35 AM
This is one of my main samples the only bad part is the time it takes to make them. I did save time this time by gluing on the 3d rather then cutting them into the card. http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/knighttoolworks/photo-10.jpg

wberminio
11-30-2010, 08:04 AM
As always-Good work,Gary

"Samples,Samples ,Samples" -was that a quote from a guy with a cone shaped hat?

Samples are the way to go!
I have made samples for some designers and architects in the area.
Took their logo and carved it onto Trupan ( I agree about MDF- Trupan is great for carving these samples ),
with my name a website on the back.
Last 3 months of work was directly a result of these samples

Samples,samples, samples

tom
11-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Wow very nice, I bet T.J. would be very jealous

bleeth
11-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Gary is practicing a couple of great proven concepts. Joe Crumley has been preaching the value of well executed samples for years and you sure can't argue with him.
The other is diversification. This is no economy to be a one trick pony. At this time, in addition to our core commercial cabinet business, I have also started doing veneer inlay work and have our first real order as well as some excited interest from other suppliers and am also doing parts cutting for other furniture makers. So far that money doesn't amount to a lot overall but the added income of anykind is great as well as the challenge that doing the other work has done for motivation.
Besides-what else are you going to do freezing your buns off in the middle of the woods in UP besides come up with more fun things to do inside?
Hey Gary-It's 85 degrees and sunny out!!!
(By the way-Photoshop that cigarette butt out of the shot)

Gary Campbell
11-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Erminio...
Nope. Dave R picked it. Dr. Signicus Emeritous.. Crumley

Dave R.....
IT IS FREEZIN HERE! Long johns and 2 more layers... just for indoors. I used to play that "tell my buddies the weather in FL" game.... dont seem like such a fun thing anymore! :)