PDA

View Full Version : Kids furniture

kevin
12-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Following Jacks inspiration

I personaled with the bot

Its was fun they where so gratfull I install missing draw today it was raves, A far cry from some of the winner I get with high end kitchens
Kids make great customers

dlcw
12-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Nice job Kevin!

I'll bet Katie is a VERY satisfied customer. :)

myxpykalix
12-24-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm tempted to try something like this next:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-whimsical-furniture/?&sort=NEWEST&limit=40#previewlink

If anyone attempts this before i get to it, I'm sure i have some questions so please let me know you are doing it, or if you have already done something like this, so i can ask some questions!

chiloquinruss
12-24-2010, 07:35 PM
"Kids make great customers" Isn't that the truth! I build a lot of toys and they don't seem to be to critical of joints, finish, or whatever! :) Russ

Jack - I think I remember that furniture from a party I was at in the 60's! :) It does look like fun though doesn't it! Russ

wberminio
12-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Nice details

kevin
12-24-2010, 08:41 PM
My typing suck sorry to many years in the shop

Jack at first glance it looks hard I don.t think its that hard

Theres a good market for this type of work I did because the mother is a nurse who helps and volunterers for ms people .They saveed evey cent to make this for there kids I charged themvery little .Didnt tell them I was doing carvings

It felt good coming off doing work cople in there 40 how have no childern who are selfish and picky.Who never knows what it means to put your kids first.I think kid each a valueable lesson in life

sorry for the typos

kevin
12-24-2010, 08:42 PM
next time i.ll get my wife to type

knight_toolworks
12-24-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm tempted to try something like this next:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-whimsical-furniture/?&sort=NEWEST&limit=40#previewlink

If anyone attempts this before i get to it, I'm sure i have some questions so please let me know you are doing it, or if you have already done something like this, so i can ask some questions!
these would not b hard to do if you do the translam building idea. split the design in half and cut 3/4" sections out of ply or mdf and glue them together till they are as wide as you want. sand it fill in thew gaps and paint.
pretty easy really. the drawer would be the hard part for me.

myxpykalix
12-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Steve,
"translam building idea"......I don't know what that means...explaination?

Kevin,
You make this stuff look easy. Great looking work!

going to start a new thread (Whimsical Furniture)as i don't want to hijack his thread here.

kevin
12-24-2010, 11:14 PM
thanks Ermino and Don for the compliment

knight_toolworks
12-24-2010, 11:30 PM
here you go.

it takes more material but it is fast and easy. I have made tables and such with this method. Plus a couple of speaker jobs.

http://www.google.com/images?q=translam&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=zHIVTe3dLoa-sQOAhODdAg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CE8QsAQwAw&biw=1079&bih=459