PDA

View Full Version : Camp SB - Atlanta 2011?

wooden_innovations
01-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Any desire to confirm details like - If, where, when, what's for lunch, "Wow-new equipment, "That's a great topic!", or "I'm free that weekend"

3d_danny
01-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I will come, if there is one this year. http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif

Dan

andyb
01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
I'll be there too, if there is one in Atlanta this year. Any info on one?

Andy B.

beacon14
01-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Awfully quiet around here. If it's just gonna be the four of us we can do it here - I just added the retro Z axis so now have a two-axis machine.

orgtech
01-08-2011, 04:28 PM
I am ready to attend as well.

bob_s
01-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Sounds good to me, depending on the date
Bob

wooden_innovations
01-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm busy Jan 29th - the others Saturdays are open

harryball
01-09-2011, 09:11 AM
I should be able to make a get together if we know in time. I'm sure we'll be moving around the end of the month but we'll need a break.

It is my wife's birthday Monday the 31st... so the 29th sounds good to me! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Honey, we're having lunch with the bot guys!

Unless it changes, see you on the 29th... but where?

If the date changes... I'll have to think of something else for her.

/RB

gene
01-09-2011, 11:29 AM
I would be interested as well , Please let me know if there is to be one ,If there is enough room for one more :rolleyes:

sneakers
01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I am interested also. As long as I am not snowed again.

Gary

beacon14
01-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Hey Gary, how bad is it up there? We got 4-5 inches, then an hour of rain, so it's a big sloppy mess just waiting to freeze solid tonight. Atlanta is just about shut down for a day or two.

bill.young
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey David. I just talked to a buddy that's stuck in the Atlanta airport for a while...sounds ugly there.

3d_danny
01-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I should be able to make a get together if we know in time. I'm sure we'll be moving around the end of the month.....

/RB

You are moving?

You have such a nice shop....

Dan

beacon14
01-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Looks like we will be iced in for most of the week. The snow never melted and now is capped by up to an inch of ice. Temps not expected to be above freezing for the rest of the week. The interstates are a mess and the side streets are like skating rinks. No one here owns a snow shovel, and even if we did it's not snow any more, it's solid ice. Yuk. If I wanted weather like this I would have stayed in New Jersey.

sneakers
01-14-2011, 01:37 PM
David

Today is my first day out of the house. I finally made it to the shop. We had over 10 inches of snow, but the ice is more of a problem than the snow. I see your area was iced in. Many accidents on the Atlanta news channel. I am supposed to be in Florida on vacation this week and next. Oh well better luck next time.

Gary

beacon14
01-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Gary, who needs Florida when you can play in the snow all week? Sorry to hear of your missing your vacation. I finally had to chip/shovel the driveway clear yesterday so I could get my wife to a Dr's appointment today. We'd still be locked in if I hadn't.

After driving around a bit today I realize it's not really the ice that's causing the problems on the roads, it's the idiots who have never learned how to drive on it. Unbelievable.

In any case it's probably too short notice to have a camp in two weeks but I'll be happy to host the next Atlanta User's Group here on the 29th (unless anyone else wants to - just say so, really).

I'll post a new thread on it in case everyone has been bored to death reading about our weather problems. I'll also check with Bill P. about a camp maybe a little later in the year.

carlhopkins
01-17-2011, 08:59 AM
I want to attend, but it just all depends on stuff.

I am so stinking slow out here!
I have a few things I would like to do in the shop but I cannot justify keeping the heat on to do them since none of them are for money.

Carl

gene
01-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Sounds like a good time to see what others are doing and recharge the batteries. I am very slow also and i am going to do my best to come to this camp just to get away for the day. I need to recharge.

harryball
01-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Dan, yes, we are moving.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12261

Waiting to see if there is an Atlanta meeting.

/RB