PDA

View Full Version : ai file conversion help

blackhawk
02-04-2011, 11:30 AM
I wanted to see if someone could help me convert an ai file to something that I can import into Aspire. Aspire won't import it as-is. A vector file would be great but a bitmap that I can trace is fine. I can't upload the ai file to the forum, so if someone can help, I will just email it.

Thanks

cnc_works
02-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Brad, I would be glad take a look at your graphic to see if I can help you. You can e-mail me through my profile.

frankwilliams
02-04-2011, 01:25 PM
If you are getting a "file may contain only bitmap data" message, the only way I have found to get it to work properly is to open it in Illustrator and resave it (the file will automatically add [converted] to the end of your file name.) This is caused by an ai file being created by programs other that illustrator, ie corel draw. If you still have problems, then PM me and I can convert it for you.

Good Luck

Frank

srwtlc
02-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Try zipping it up or just change the extension to .txt and you should be able to post it.

CorelDraw should be able to handle it too. It must be a bitmap based .ai file otherwise Aspire should open or import it. I've run into that before though.

blackhawk
02-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks everyone, Donn hooked me up.