PDA

View Full Version : Pet Memorials

joe
03-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Could there be a market for Pet Memorial markers?

Pets are close family members and I wouldn't be surprised if this wouldn't be a wide open service. A look at the Web didn't offer as much creative services, except for carved, sandblasted stone.

Substrates: I'm not very impressed with plastic, like Corian for this product. Marble and Granite make my back ache just thinking about it. I did find plenty of Slate, at a reasonable price on Craigs List. It's beautiful but also heavy.

I'm making a pet memoral now for "Molly". A client call me last week an begged me to carve one for their beloved dog. They requested it be made from Cedar which look nice in their backyard. They wanted it to have flowers as decorations. I'm about the accept these memorials don't need to last for ever.

I gotta start designing a bunch of these up. Here's my first start.

Have any of you fellows made any of these?

billp
03-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Joe,
There are usually a few of these on display each year as part of the Show and Tell at various Camps. We see them in Corian, marble, and other substrates. There are a bunch of commercially available products out there if you Google "pet stones". For those interested in seeing what's already in the market place here this is a good place to start- http://www.oldworldstones.com/index.htm

penman
03-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Joe,
a couple of sample ones that I made up some time ago, plus one I done for a joke for my wife.

Cheers,
Roger.