PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Gift Ideas anyone?

harryball
12-21-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm looking for an idea of something I could make for my Sunday School Class just as a small gift of somekind. Last year I made address plaques for every family. They did well.

I'm trying to think of something useful (so it doesn't become clutter) that I could just run a bunch of and let them finish them.

I have MDF 1/2 and 3/4, some Oak, Alder, Cedar etc... I also have some 3/4" cabinet grade plywood and some 1/2" 12"x12" ACX plywood scraps that I'd love to use for something... just can't think of anything.

My current idea is to use the 12" x 12" scraps and cut some kind of christmas decoration using clip art. Dunno what though...

ideas?

Brady Watson
12-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Napkin holders?

scottcox
12-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Robert,

While more "decorative" than "useful", I recently cut out over 100 shapes of the Christian "fish" symbol, then had all the kids decorate each with glitter/glue/etc. while we explained the history and meaning of the symbol.

You would be amazed at the variety of artisitic talent that we saw. We added a small hook so each kid can take home and hang their unique "Symbol of Christianity".

It was a really fun project and got positive compliments from everyone who saw it. You could do something similar with any number of diffent shapes/symbols.

Brady: Napkin holders? You must need some spice in your food today. ;-)

Scott Cox
(Fisher of Men)

Brady Watson
12-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey man...napkin holders are making a comeback...You'll see! LOL!!!

-B

matt_r
12-21-2007, 05:53 PM
I recently did a bunch of these for kid's teachers etc.

I just take 3/4" MDF cut to 5"x13", and paint 'Barn Red' w/craft paint. Then cover each w/ sign mask, and cut the lettering. The gold is also a craft paint.

I popped out about a dozen and a half in an hour yesterday (excluding time for paint to dry).

Happy Holidays

ed_lang
12-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Matt,

I love the pricing on the doll chair website!

$5 each or 3 for $20.

I know that was a typo, but I have to ask, have you had any takers on the 3 for $20 yet?

I have joked in the past about how folks just think that buying more for some price must be a better deal before doing the math.

Good luck!

garyb
12-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Robert, how about cutting Christmas tree ornaments and having the kids finish them.
Candy canes, angels stars and the likes usually go over well

harryball
12-26-2007, 09:32 AM
OK... I did WELCOME signs for front doors. I thought about the napkin holders (an idea my wife loved) but "some assembly required" was a problem so late in the game. I used the Eagle in the Mega collection 1 and put WELCOME across it, cut 20 of them tabbed in place, popped them out and left it for them to paint. Everyone loved them.

Thanks for the ideas though, I do have next year coming around... only 364 more days till Christmas!

Robert