PDA

View Full Version : X Drive Operation Jerky PRS Standard

majohnson
03-30-2011, 09:23 PM
My issue is that as the machine is running a program the X car movements are very jerky when changing direction. My cut rate was 1.5 IPS, I'm get the same problem air cutting at 1.25 IPS. Its gotten worse, so much the motors are loosing their position. Recently I have greased the gear tracks and repositioned my work area since I only use a small section of the table.

So far the things that I have checked:
I removed both X motors to check drive pinions, they where fine. And there was not a bunch of excess grease.

I rechecked the frame for level.

Brady Watson
03-31-2011, 08:37 AM
Are you cutting a 2D file or 3D file?

Have you ever adjusted the VR settings? Check them to make sure something isn't too far out of what it should be.

I wrote a web column a while back on ramping. You can find it on www.shopbottools.com

Does the tool seem jerky when you just use the keypad to move it? Is it this way on all files or just the one you are currently working on?

-B

ken_rychlik
03-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Mine did that when the gantry was not sitting on the rails well. Loosen the x motors and drop them out of the rack so you can adjust the gantry to be square. Also make sure every roller is riding on the center of the v rail along the length of the machine.

The standard motors are not strong enough to overcome an out of adjustment machine.

majohnson
03-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks all, it was the values got changed. Not sure were I did it. Being a mechanic for 30 plus years, I could see it being a hardware issue. I only have about 50hrs in 2 yrs on the machine. And given the amount of time I put into the assembly process.

Thanks,
Mark

woodworx
03-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Try checking your transmission effeciency rate, or try running it with a different computer to see if that helps any.