PDA

View Full Version : Help creating custom files for xy zero with laser

airroots
03-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi

I Never creating custom files, tried but I still don't get it, even after looking at handbook in Shopbot editor.

Most my files are created via V-carve or Shoplink.

I just want to create a simple custom files for zeroing x,y after locating origin with my laser point.

Something like:

- slow down jog speed, (JS)
- open keypad to located origine with laser (K)
- once located origine, zero it (z2)
- reset jog speed to original
- off set x,y to cutter position x-4,690, y -6,690
- set zero x,y to offset position
- ready to zero z to surface (C2)
- load cut files

I'm used to programing HTML, Flash actionscript, just needs a head up to start the process with the shopbot code.

Thank's

Alain

dana_swift
03-31-2011, 10:17 PM
If you run SB3, under the help menu is "Programmers and developers resources", open that.

In the directory that comes up, there is a PDF file "ProgHand.pdf". That is the programming documentation.

What you need is probably nothing more than:

VA 12.34,56.78

Where the values are the offsets to your laser point relative to your cutter center.

If you have done that much programming, this will be trivial.

airroots
03-31-2011, 11:44 PM
VA Seams to simple :)

If I understand well, VA command offsets spindle to match my laser point, do I have to do this every times I zero to my laser. Or its a one time things.

Thank's and sorry for the basic questions, I was used with a Kongsberg and I've only been using my ShopBot for less than 2 years.

ken_rychlik
04-01-2011, 08:50 AM
You can write a custom file and save it to do that same task everytime.

In your pc look at c:\sbparts\custom

This is where you could place a file.
I use Custom 1 for a zero bit change and it would work on yours.

Create a custom 1 file and just put this in it.
MX,2

Then when your machine is on, hit C1 on your keyboard and it will run that file and it should move your x to 2

Then you can think of what you want that file to do and what info goes into it.

If you want to manually move the laser to the center of the point and then have the machine take care of the rest, it can all be done with a custom file.

If it is something that you will be doing a lot of, automate it. If it is just once in a while, then manually doing it with the VA command will work.

nailzscott
04-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Alain,

Here is a link to my post about my laser some time back.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8419

In this post is the code I used, and I put it in C6. Since the posting I also added Z2 to the end of it to zero x and y.

Also, an update on my laser. It seems that the Router vibration impacted the lasers stability after a while. I had a job where I needed to cut out some pre-printed plastic sheeting and needed to stay within .010 - when I notice it was off a bit from the vibration.

I think I will redo it some time but mount in off the z frame somewhere.

airroots
04-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Thank's for the feed back, I'm trying different files to pratice.