View Full Version : for the woodworker in you

cabnet636
04-03-2011, 01:15 AM
this is something to see!!

http://www.360cities.net/gigapixel/strahov-library.html

michael_schwartz
04-03-2011, 02:32 AM
incredible....

I think I am going to spend a few hours studying some of the details.

knight_toolworks
04-03-2011, 02:35 AM
London was way cool. you could count the cigarette butts on the roads. they sure suck at painting street lines. but it was strange parts were missing. I found people with no legs (G)

steve_g
04-03-2011, 03:27 AM
I want one! (80 gig camera!)

Steve

chiloquinruss
04-03-2011, 10:44 AM
So let me figure this out, you are telling me that in order to vcarve that I need to install my Bot INSIDE the barrel? :) Very cool! Russ

dlcw
04-03-2011, 04:29 PM
My goodness - you can read book titles on the top rows of the first floor. That is one incredibly high resolution photograph.

bob_s
04-03-2011, 08:00 PM
you have to remember that these are composites of many images. If a person walks in or out of a photo the software will only blur their edge, it can't make the missing part. Photoshop has had this ability since CS4 and the images that you can make with a 6 or 8 megapixel camera and a lot of patience are truly amazing. The software will blend the parts together and correct things like lens distortion and color shifts on the edges, a lot of computation that can produce great images. A composite made from an array of 3 tall by 8 wide images would be about 80 meg after the needed overlapping areas are dropped out.
There ia a great little app called Autostitch that runs on an Iphone that will do impressive things from the meager camera results of even the older 2G iphones. It is fun and useful. I think it was $1, but I have used it to make a very usable panorama of a room before I designed an entertainment center.