PDA

View Full Version : Before I drive 30 miles...

harryball
05-28-2011, 01:03 PM
I have some more time this weekend and I'm going to give cutting a small closet a shot. My shop is now 30 miles away for a while longer as we continue to get the new shop ready AND I have very limited internet access via 3G on my phone.

Everything seems straight up except two questions:

1) The newest shopbot controller software 3.6.38, good?

2) I understand the shopbot link and controller software along with the twd files and exported cab file to get my settings are required on the control PC. Where does the system get the drivers for the HASP? I'm assuming it is installed with the link software but I want to make sure this thing doesn't try to call home via the internet or something.

/RB

Gary Campbell
05-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Robert...

1) Yes

2) Drivers are in there.

SB Link Software
SB Link Dongle
Export from design comp with settings
TWD for each job

a note.... if your material is at other location, has accurate material thickness been entered during generation of TWD? If not bring laptop :D

harryball
05-28-2011, 06:00 PM
How do I make this thing stop putting C9 in front of every line looking for a tool changer? Worked perfect on the design PC but here every single line has Custom 9 in front of it.

harryball
05-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Found in the manual for tool setup...

"Each tool will need to be setup in Tool Management on the Thermwood Control Prior to setting up the Operations here."

WTH does that mean?

/RB

harryball
05-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Got it going, cut my first closet. Many thanks to Gary (Check your PM)

So far as eCabinets and the shopbot link I had, in fact, done things 95% right. The last 5% was sort of preference/situation/ignorance driven.

Despite that, it all went to heck when I drove up and installed everything on the control PC and tried to run it. I was careful to review all the settings etc... During that time Mr. Fat Butter Fingers apparently hit the keyboard and changed CN,90 to CN,9 in the header. Loading your ATC/MTC custom file as your variables can indeed create some very interesting results.

/RB