PDA

View Full Version : Probe closed/open issue

jacobhawkins
06-15-2011, 07:59 AM
I was running a probing program last night that was going to take several hours. Looked good when I went to bed, but when I got up this morning it had stopped. The red "open" indicator light was on on the probe even though the probe was above the surface of the piece and not touching anything. When I moved the probe with my finger, it turned off.

It seems that somehow the open/close function got reversed.

What it was able to probe looks good in preview, so I know that it was working for most of the night.

Steps taken so far: Restart ShopBot software, turn off and on the bot itself (Buddy with alpha motors), taken the probe apart and blown off contacts and reinstalled, unplugged and reconnected probe from Z-Zero plate.

Anybody have an idea?

jacobhawkins
06-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Nevermind! Called ShopBot (before hours, I was expecting to leave a message) and talked to a guy who helped me figure it out. Somehow the dial under the probe that tells it if is normally open or closed got moved and was confusing the probe. Eyeglass screwdriver to the rescue and I'm back in business. Always see positive comments about CS here, but this was the first time I've called and I was not disappointed. Thanks guys!