PDA

View Full Version : PARTWORKS PW3D same as V-CARVE CUT3D

backyard_cnc
06-18-2011, 03:41 PM
I wonder if PARTWORKS and PW3D are the same as VCarve PRO and CUT 3D, can you add the post processors to a directory so that PW can post for machines other than a SHOPBOT? I have 3 other CNC machines and I am wondering about either buying PARTWORKS from SHOPBOT or paying slightly more and getting V-CARVE PRO and CUT3D direct from VECTRIC. Also I wonder if the latest version from SHOPBOT is same as current version of V-CARVE from VECTRIC. Eventually I would like to upgrade to ASPIRE but can't afford it until the BOT makes some $$$$

Appreciate comments from someone in the know.

Gerald

adrianm
06-18-2011, 03:50 PM
PartWorks and 3D are the same as VCarve and Cut3D with the restriction that they will only output to a ShopBot post processor.

The versions are the same as well.

michael_schwartz
06-18-2011, 05:26 PM
If you choose to upgrade from Partworks to Aspire you get the full version of Aspire with all the post processors, so you would have that option for your other CNC machines.

The last time a major upgrade was released for V-Carve pro, the update was supplied for Partworks at the same time. I belive your entitiled to major updates free of charge for a year.

knight_toolworks
06-18-2011, 08:39 PM
I think there was only one update to cut3d the whole time it has been out. so versions are not an issue.