PDA

View Full Version : What to do

aliciaj
06-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Okay, I've had my ShopBot for abut a year now. Although I've cut a few things on it, I can't seem to figure out how to tell the machine to please start at the furthest right hand corner. It always wants to start just about at the middle top part of the table.

michael_schwartz
06-18-2011, 08:50 PM
hope this helps. Sorry about MS Paint. Click the thumbnail for full size. In the picture I Have it set to zero on the top of the materiel in the front right corner.

myxpykalix
06-18-2011, 09:09 PM
It is probably a combination of a couple things. Like michael points out you have to set your start point on your material but you also have to have your Zzero point on your table set.

Normally it defaults to the Lower left corner for table Zzero, however you can set it anywhere on the table. You may want to post a file so we could see what settings you have which might tell us better what you are doing wrong, maybe even a picture of where it defaults to on the table.

aliciaj
06-18-2011, 09:39 PM
12609 Here's a pic. It starts in the red dot area. I want it to start in the blue dot area.

michael_schwartz
06-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Have you been able to move the router with the keypad to the desired location and zero manually, either with the command from the menu or by typing z followed by x, then y etc...

If your using proximity switches to zero the X and Y axis the file has likely been modified to move to that position.

Brady Watson
06-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Alicia,
With a sharp v-bit in the router, drive the tool with the (K) keyboard command to YOUR ideal 0,0 position. Then type in the Z2 command.

Then in SB3, under Tools, select ShopBot Setup. Follow the instructions to setup your proximity switches. It should automatically make your 0,0 point the location where you did the Z2, provided you follow the instructions.

-B

marysvillesign
06-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Alicia. Ask lots of questions, first rate helpful crew here. As Brady pointed out Shopbot SB3 software tells the router where Home is if set up correctly. And Michael shows where Aspire (router design software if you don't have it) can alter that setting, maybe resulting in starting at a different point of your material vs. the home position. A bit more info on your setup and these guys will have you making chips in no time at all.

jerry_stanek
06-19-2011, 07:55 AM
if your machine have proximity switches you can do a c3 to get it close.