PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - first cuts

backyard_cnc
06-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Well I wanted to give my new to me but previously experienced 2004 Vintage PRT a little test so I cut a simple "GECKO" shape out of a piece of 1/2" plywood. It's about 3ft long and my wife thought it was cool so time well spent. (she wasn't initially happy when I told her I bought the BOT so brownie points must be earned ). Probably will paint the GECKO black and it will make a neat silhouette attached to the fence behind one of her flower beds.

Then since I had a piece of rough 3/4" plywood laying about, I designed and cut pieces to interlock together into a small freestanding rack to hold spools of cable I use for my business. Nothing fancy just a strong rigid unit with no fasteners at all. Overall a fun test of the machine.

Gerald

dhunt
06-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Well I wanted to give my new to me but previously experienced 2004 Vintage PRT a little test
so I cut a simple "GECKO" shape out of a piece of 1/2" plywood.
It's about 3 ft long and my wife thought it was cool -so time well spent.
(She wasn't initially happy when I told her I bought the BOT, so brownie points must be earned ).
Probably will paint the GECKO black and it will make a neat silhouette attached to the fence behind one of her flower beds.Your gecko turned out very well, even though I'm not so sure about the ring-attachment stuck to his tail..
-maybe you can use that to hang him up on a nail?

Personally I wouldn't paint him black
I think I'd go with a mottled brown, in artwork fashion
(try Google IMAGES for real-life geckos ...see attachments)

I might even try a bright green? kinda like an Iguana? -even if he isn't one..

backyard_cnc
06-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes David Happy Wife=Happy Life seems to be a universal truth amongst men :-)

I think my Gecko was shot at but survived and thus has the hole in his tail. Actually it was a vector file I grabbed somewhere off the net and never even thought about editing but I think it was previously cut as a small key-chain. As far as color goes well "me good with CNC but not so good with finishes". I like flat satin black spraybombs ..... great for loads of uses on my car projects and for silhouettes such as a gecko for the fence. I like getting the brownie points but don't want to get too carried away!

gerald