dave_k
07-14-2011, 08:24 AM
IF %(25)=1 THEN GOTO UNIT_ERROR 'check to see software is set to standard
C#,90 'Lookup offset values
'
TR,13000,1
PAUSE
--------------------------
Quick question... can somebody tell me what this code is and why PW 3.0 puts it in the beginning all my cut files? I've taken it out and there doesn't seem to be any negative concequences. It says it's checking to see software is set to standard? Is there a NON standard software? Also, can't seem to find TR in the command reference, what is that?

I suspect I can delete this from my cut files, but want to make sure.

I'm running Partworks 3.0 on an alpha Buddy with a router.
thanks

adrianm
07-14-2011, 09:16 AM
It's checking to make sure that the file you're running is in the same unit of measurement as your machine is set to.

If you generated a file from PW using a metric post processor and then tried to run it on your 'Bot you would get an error if the 'Bot was set to inches. And vice-versa.

TR is the command to set the spindle RPM.

dave_k
07-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Thank you Adrian... you have confirmed that I can safely delete those lines in my case then. Also, since I use a router and not a spindle, I certainly don't need that TR line in there either.

This forum is such a great quick resource.

srwtlc
07-14-2011, 02:58 PM
David,

You could also modify your post processor to suit your needs and give it a name that is unique to you. You can edit it to not put those lines in there in the first place, saving you editing time afterwards.

There's a good article here... http://www.shopbotblog.com/index.php/2008/01/customizing-vcarve-pro-and-partworks/

...and here is a guide to editing pp's right from the the people who made the program here. http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=42038#p42038

ssflyer
07-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Hi David,

You can delete most of it, or alter the post processor, as Scott mentioned, but my question is why? It shouldn't do anything negative when running the file - the TR command simply won't do anything, and the check may be a good thing, if you're running a file from someone else, with a different post.

However, the line, "C#,90 'Lookup offset values" reads in the my_variables.sbc file, which is what sets up a lot of the parameters for your machine - I'd definitely leave that line in...

Ron

GlenP
07-15-2011, 07:31 AM
I don't have the newest partworks as I use aspire but if you are running a router and not a spindle don't use the post processor "with speed". I use "arch inch" or just the 'inch" one as I run a router as well. Again not sure if something is different than my aspire but if you open the posts the one without speed (spindle) control doesn't have that tr line in it.