PDA

View Full Version : Help with chip load.

Stockbub4
07-24-2011, 10:56 PM
OK, I am coming to you guys because I have not been successful with other forums. I also know that you guys ae masters of may trades. I have a 5 hp router that I am making cabinet doors with. I will be carving on these door so need a crisp raised panel. Problem is when feedding the panels in shaper, I cannot do panel in the one pass. Feeder is set for 13 FPM which is lowest setting and 8000 RPMs. I have 3600, 5100, 8000, and 10,000 RPMs on shaper. Just wondering if I did something a little different I could feed panels through in one pass.

Also. My 0,0 is at the other end of my table. I like it there. I zero at 95,55, which is off my sheet of playwood and closer to where I am. At the end of the file, when spindle is shutting down, I type J2 95,55 so I can load a new sheet and spindle is not in the way. Is there a way that I can set up machine to go to 95,55 at the end of every file.

Thanks

Bubba

srwtlc
07-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Martin (Bubba),

You didn't say what software you are using, but you could edit your post processor to place that line at the end of the file for you.

You say that you zero at 95,55, do you run your machine in the negative always then? Or do you zero at one end and want the machine to jog to the other end when finished?

Stockbub4
07-25-2011, 08:18 AM
I use artcam to do drawings and then export to SB. Last cabinet job had 42 Sheets and did not want to have to edit every one if that was possible. Usually at the end of the job I am getting redy to get all the peices off the table. There might be an easier way that I do not know about to add those lines.

srwtlc
07-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Don't know about Artcam's post processor, but I would assume that it could be edited just like Aspire/VCP/PartWorks. Once edited, you would automatically have that command at the end of each file saved. You could save it as a new post processor that you would use for this situation only and keep the standard one.

Another option would be to make a Custom Cut file that you could use to do the J2,95,55. You would just need to do a C# at the keyboard or you could place a button on the toolbar for it and make it a one click operation.

bleeth
07-25-2011, 09:53 AM
In your Artcam toolpath set up screen you have an option area to fill in your home for x and y as well as Z height. Just put in the coordinates you want it to go to and that is where it will go when the file is complete. This does not change the location of o,o.
I use this regularly on multisheet jobs and it works just fine.

garyb
07-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Dave is correct, you will find it under your safe Z settings when toolpathing