PDA

View Full Version : What did you do with your Buddy Crate?

mtylerfl
08-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Hello,

I received the Buddy BT48 last Dec (2010) and saved all the packing crate panels, etc. Was looking at them (stacked and leaned up against a wall) today and thought, "Why am I saving these?...must be something useful I could do with them instead of just lying dormant and taking up space!"

I am curious if any of you did anything "creative" and/or useful with your Buddy crate, or have any ideas what to do with the pieces (woodstoves and fireplaces don't count!). My first thoughts are to incorporate the panels and framework as a starting point for a good sized "L-shaped" workbench and possibly a cabinet of some type.

Any comments (and photos?) are welcome!

Mike Windsor
08-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Henry Ford used to specify the crate sizes from his suppliers and use the crate material as the floor boards in the model T's . ---not really a useful answer to your question though .

bleeth
08-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Cab for your Bot control computer?

paul_z
08-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I got my bot several years ago. I put the crate outside in the weather to biodegrade. Later, my wife got tired of looking at it so I cut it up and took it to our town dump. By later, I mean 4 years later! The thing just would not biodegrade!

Paul Z

kelly
08-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I posted mine on Craigslist for free and it was gone that day.

cowboy1296
08-13-2011, 11:42 AM
my neighbor has a dog that is close to 200 lbs. he built a dog house out of it.

mtylerfl
08-14-2011, 03:05 PM
my neighbor has a dog that is close to 200 lbs. he built a dog house out of it.

That's a BIG dog! I'm sure that the Bot crate made a mighty fine dog house! All I have is a cat and tropical fish, though.:)

mtylerfl
08-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Cab for your Bot control computer?

Good suggestion. That certainly could be a good use for some of the crate wood alright! But, I'm already using a computer kiosk I fabricated for a music store years ago.

mtylerfl
08-14-2011, 03:14 PM
I posted mine on Craigslist for free and it was gone that day.

That's an idea!

I got my bot several years ago. I put the crate outside in the weather to biodegrade. Later, my wife got tired of looking at it so I cut it up and took it to our town dump. By later, I mean 4 years later! The thing just would not biodegrade!

Paul Z

Yeah - mine won't biodegrade either...of course, being in the garage workshop might be prolonging the process. ;)

Henry Ford used to specify the crate sizes from his suppliers and use the crate material as the floor boards in the model T's . ---not really a useful answer to your question though .

Wonder if I could mod my tractor mower? Sold my Model T years ago. :D

gerryv
08-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Put a roof on it, add a couple of window holes, put the hinge on the side of the opening, paint it and sell it as a $499 play house?:rolleyes:

cowboy1296
08-14-2011, 05:42 PM
No doubt SB did an overkill with the crate but i have to admit it was realllllllll secure. It took two of us at least 30 minutes working with our own drills to remove the screws.

rayman
08-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I got tired of looking at mine and gave it to my neighbor he built a deer stand out of it...:eek: