PDA

View Full Version : Problems with corners on relief

Stockbub4
08-28-2011, 01:33 AM
I have created a sign for my company and everything looks great on it. Problem is I cannot resize it on the model I created and Also built the model at 0,0. I need to offset it a few inches for hold down. I saved the model as a relief, but when you bring it up, some of the curves are jagged. I tried saving the original at the highest resolution, but it is still jagged. I wanted to do an offset, but those lines are jagged too. I thought when I saved the relief and imported it on another model, it would be same quality but it is not. Suggestions?

Bubba

bleeth
08-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Martin:
When a relief is saved to a higher resolution it does not change the existing lines or shapes. You can only get a smooth resolution by starting at a higher resolution. Virtually all models will be just fine when created with a resolution in the range of 2,000,000.
If you use the "Paste from file" tool (under the relief tab) to bring a relief into a new model then you can position it where you want as well as resize it .

Stockbub4
08-28-2011, 08:53 AM
That is what has me confused. On the model where all the layers are, the curves are nice and smooth. But when I paste from relief and resize it, it starts to mess up. and curved lines get real jagged. I am going to try and see if I can get a pic of what I am talking about.

tmerrill
08-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Ken,

Since he posted in the ArtCAM section I would assume advising him on Vectric products and their tutorials probably won't help.

Tim

garyb
08-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Martin, you have a number of things happening
firstly if you import a relief from file a vector outline will be created, this follows the pixel of the relief therefore the jagged line. You should be using the vectors you created.

You don't say which version of ArtCam you are using
moving the model from the 0,0 origin can be done by the relief distor tool or by just plan adding a border.

Resolution for models all depends on the model size, there is no one fixed resolution works for all.
Although the Vectric software is modeled after Artcam the terminology and procedures differ. If using 2010 or 2011 the live tab will open up the training videos, you will also find a host more on the Express, Insignia and Pro sites as well as the forum and of course the AAP site if you are a member will give additional tips & tricks.

Due to the constant , and on going improvements/upgrades to the ArtCam software your ArtCam reseller is your front-line for support, they are your certified ArtCam trainer.

if you have urgent issues, as I'm working support today your welcome to contact me
Gary