PDA

View Full Version : "The Shoe Butler" Project

mtylerfl
09-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Hello,

Here is the September 2011 project I created for Aspire owners, and is available as a FREE download, courtesy of Vectric!
http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/projects/sept-2011/shoe-butler.htm

• I created the design/layout using Vectric's Aspire 3 software. The project is compatible with Aspire 3 (or higher versions)

• I used a ShopBot PRSAlpha BT48 to run this project and the toolpath settings were specifically for that machine and bits I used. You can make changes to suit your particular machine, bits, etc.

The Shoe Butler provides an attractive and organized way to store your shoe polishing items! I normally would store shoe polish, brushes, and rags in a zip-storage plastic bag but decided enough was enough, and it was time to design something nicer to keep my shoe care supplies in. The container features a rotating up/down handle and two dowel-hinged lids for convenient access to either side. I hope you will find this Shoe Butler “tote box” as handy as I do!

The overall finished dimensions of the project (handle folded down) are about
13˝"w x 8"h x 10"d.

I used the following bits...
V-Carves: 60° V-Bit (CMT-brand “laser-point” 60° V-Bit was used to create the sample)
Finishing: 1/4" BN
Cuts/Pockets/Drills: 1/4" Down-Cut EM

Apply your choice of finish. Here’s what I used on my Shoe Butler sample made from Alder wood:

• One coat of thinned Zinnser Bulls Eye Seal Coat
(50% denatured alcohol and 50% Seal Coat)

• One coat full-strength Bulls Eye Seal Coat
(Seal Coat is actually clear, de-waxed shellac)

• 4 coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic gloss spray

Special thanks to ShopBot and Vectric for making this project possible!

Brady Watson
09-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Great idea! Thanks for posting. I bet that would make a really nice gift for someone. Less than 90 days 'til Christmas! :D

-B