PDA

View Full Version : Laser Scanning and Mold machining for Diaphragm valve

khalid
10-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Hi,
After a prolonged silence, yesterday i started scanning again and also tweaked my CNC which was dead-horse for 9 months or more... In our chemical plant, we are facing bad diaphragm dimensions for the diaphragm valves... We investigated whats went wrong.... Here the laser scan comes handy for the complex contour which was difficult to find manually within a short period of timehttp://www.cnczone.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif..
This 90.2 radius contour we could not measure precisely without the help of David Laser scanner.. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

khalid
10-24-2011, 05:02 AM
we fired the CNC machine operator... :) Our Motto is "Safety comes First". He was not wearing safety goggles..;)

khalid
10-24-2011, 05:12 AM
some machining pictures...

khalid
10-24-2011, 05:18 AM
few more:cool:

khalid
10-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Here is the latest picture:) and a brief machining video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwoiosTJ2RM

dana_swift
10-24-2011, 11:41 AM
As always you are doing some really cool stuff!

What camera are you using to image the laser line on the subject?

D

myxpykalix
10-24-2011, 11:58 AM
khalid,
start them working young and they will grow up to be a problem solver like you!:D Did you dock him a days pay for his safety lapse?:rolleyes:

khalid
10-24-2011, 12:17 PM
As always you are doing some really cool stuff!

What camera are you using to image the laser line on the subject?

D

Hi Dana_swift,
Thank you for appreciations... I am using an expensive CCD monochrome purchased from David Laser scanner shop..i think the cost of the camera alone is Euro 800...

I have just ordered some components from CNCrouterparts to make my third CNC machine... The Drawings are almost completed , it will cover 4ft x 4ft sheet to machine... My this CNC machine is not performing well.. Its slow, it has backlash etc...

khalid
10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
khalid,
start them working young and they will grow up to be a problem solver like you!:D Did you dock him a days pay for his safety lapse?:rolleyes:

Hi Jack,
I have learn a lot from the intelligent peoples like you.. My son is almost 25 months but he can distinguish between many electronic components... This was his first day with the CNC.. I kept him away from the machine while machine is in operation...
I hope at the age of 10 year he will be a complete machinist :)..

Their will be a really interesting situation if i dock him a days pay. His mother will Kill me man..No Child Labor at all...;)

mikeacg
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Khalid,

He's a cutie! Don't be too hard on him!

Good to see you posting again...

Mike

MogulTx
10-24-2011, 06:20 PM
That's a good looking trainee you have there, Khalid. I hope you and he spend many hours together side by side!

Monty

khalid
10-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Khalid,
Don't be too hard on him!
Mike
never in my life:)..

That's a good looking trainee you have there, Khalid. I hope you and he spend many hours together side by side!

Monty

Thank you Monty :).. I hope a day will come he will work side-by-side me:)