PDA

View Full Version : Hardware for Dust Collection

SKeller
01-17-2012, 03:09 PM
I inherited an old 4 x 4 PRS with PC router, and it is now running and cutting fine (thanks for all the help Forum folks). The dust was crazy when cutting MDF, so I went ahead and bought the dust shroud and skirt, but when I tried to attach it to the Z axis, there was no mount! Does this normally come standard with the shroud, or normally with the CNC. These parts must have gotten lost in the transfer, and I desperately need the dust collection! Hmm. So I wonder if someone could post an image of the hardware on the router mount... I could probably fabricate it, however, I would prefer to purchase it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Seth

danhamm
01-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Hope this is what your looking for..

adrianm
01-17-2012, 04:30 PM
This might help - http://www.shopbotdocs.com/PRS-Assembly-Manual.html#Installing_the_PRS_Dust_Skirt

SKeller
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks everyone. It looks like there is an aluminum block that mounts to the z-axis and a 1/8" or 3/16" thick x 3/4" wide flat aluminum stock that slides up and down through the aluminum block... My Z-Axis doesn't look exactly like this... it has 2 flanges of painted steel that fold outwards towards the x axis of the machine. I do have a bunch of old parts, maybe something in there is actually the mount. Thanks again.

zeykr
01-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Looking at your previous posts, I think you have a PRT not a PRS. The Dust Skirt on a PRT mounts differently. The stock dustskirt on a PRT had a rigid pipe which was attached/adjusted using a band clamp.

This is from my previous machine, maybe someone can take a better picture for you.

SKeller
01-19-2012, 05:45 PM
That makes more sense Ken- I think I will have to make that hardware myself.. thanks.
SEth

bobmoore
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
You have a PRT, not a PRS. There is a short length of of " U " channel probably about 3 inches long by 1 inch wide that is fastened to the Y car. It has a hose clamp that runs behind the U channel and around the 2 inch black pipe in the previous picture. I am not at the shop anymore today but I can take pictures tomorrow if you need them.
Bob