PDA

View Full Version : Part offset help

jzarski1
03-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Ok, I am very new to SB3 so be nice. I have been running Mach3 for sometime now and learning this new software. I just got my machine up and I am playing around in preview mode before I cut something.

How do I set my XY zero to the center of the table? I still want home to be lower left but most of my parts will be cut with XY zero in center of the material. I can not figure it out, been messing with it for over an hour:mad: .

John

steve_g
03-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Is this what you want? The button on the first image opens the menu on the second.

oops... I see you said SB3...

myxpykalix
03-21-2012, 01:25 AM
What size table do you have? Lets assume it is a 4'x8'. First do a C3 to get to lower left 0,0. Now assuming that is right at the corner of your table (0,0) then do a
MX 48, MY 24
that will get you to the center of the table You can Zero X,Y and i believe there is a offset pulldown on the fill in sheet (computer in shed at writing) can't go check.By filling in that offset on the fillin sheet should make it a set offset. But that should get you to the center as a preset.:confused:

jzarski1
03-21-2012, 01:43 AM
My table is 120x60. Where do I find that fillin sheet to set that offset?

myxpykalix
03-21-2012, 04:32 AM
When you go to load the part file up in SB 3 you go do a
F P
Look for "Offset in 2D or 3D" you click 2 for offset in 2D
You'll see "Proportion X" fill in your X location
You'll see "Proportion Y" fill in your Y location

After you do the first one there is a button named "recall last" and i think if you hit that it will repeat the file over.

I believe this is the way you do it. This is not what i do, but i don't have repetitive files thus the need to do what you do.

You can also setup your own custom Cuts or keys like a C2 or C3 by going to
Cuts/Setup custom cuts (I think but not sure how)

jerry_stanek
03-21-2012, 05:43 AM
in the shopbot setup there is an offset for the c3 move you can input it in and every time you run c3 it will go to that offset.

Brady Watson
03-21-2012, 07:55 AM
As Jerry points out - Use the ShopBot Setup Tool located in SB3 under the Tools menu. I believe it can be pulled up by typing in the TS command.

-B

jzarski1
03-21-2012, 04:16 PM
As Jerry points out - Use the ShopBot Setup Tool located in SB3 under the Tools menu. I believe it can be pulled up by typing in the TS command.

-B

Hey Brady, I am having a real hard time trying to figure this out. I can't find the tool you are talking about. If you can take a screen shot for me. I am a visual person :)

John

jerry_stanek
03-21-2012, 04:51 PM
It is under tools in the shopbot screen. You have to open it and you will get a new screen that asks questions about your shopbot to set it up. it will ask about proximity switches and then give you a screen to fill in the offsets.

jzarski1
03-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Well I figured out the offset thing.Thank you to everyone that helped. Now I have a few more questions.

What is a good IPS for cutting MDF with the Colombo spindle? On my Mach machine I cut at 150 IPM with a .25 compression. Taking .25 off per pass. I am trying to dial my Bot in and I am struggling.

Does the number on the VFD represent spindle speed? If not how do I know my speed?

That's it for now :confused:

John