PDA

View Full Version : blind dado issues

2006prt
04-19-2012, 08:09 AM
I am using the link to cut cabinets with blind dado construction. I am getting goodm results and fit with all of my parts with the exception of the strechers. The pockets for the blind dados in the sides of the cabinets are not of a consistent depth. I can see a ramping in the pocket. My guess is it has something to do with a setting or a limitation of the narrow width strecher. I think the next cabinets will have wider strechers and see if that fixes the issue. Has anyone else come across the issue, and if so what was the solution.

Thanks in advance.

dlcw
04-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Todd,

I normally do a 4" stretcher in my cabinets with the tenon set to 1/2" inset from the edges and haven't had a problem like you are indicating. My only problem has been that one time I chucked up a down spiral bit that I thought I had mic'd for diameter but turned out I grabbed the wrong bit. Nothing fit right. I had to fine tune all the tenons with a tenonning hand plane. So much for saving time... :(

erniek
04-19-2012, 05:52 PM
You mentioned a ramp inside your dado, I have the ramp set to 0.001" effectively eliminating the ramping.