PDA

View Full Version : PartWorks update?

steve_g
06-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Just for fun ... I clicked the "check for update" button on PartWorks. Vectric said an update was available so I proceeded with the update from 3.503 to 3.504. Anyone have any clue what was updated or changed?

SG

tmerrill
06-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Steve,

Here is how Brian (Vectric) responded to a similar question on the Vectric Forum:

"It only had a couple of minor changes to fix a rare crash which only occurred on XP, and speed up V-Carving in a couple of very specific circumstances."

Tim

steve_g
06-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Tim

Thanks for the info... Doesn't sound earth shattering but it's good to know Vectric is responding to issues.

SG

paul_z
06-08-2012, 08:26 AM
The V Carve speed up issue seldom occurred but the patch made a huge difference when it did occur. I had a file that took more than 3 minutes to calculate the toolpath before the patch. After the patch, The toolpath was complete before I could get my finger off the mouse button.
Paul Z

steve_g
06-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Well Paul... you made me curious. I recalculated some of the V-carve patterns I used on my "Patio Chair" project... Previously I sat and watched the yellow progress bar at the bottom of the page churn back and forth endlessly, now almost immediate!

Thank you Vectric!

SG

hunterland
11-30-2012, 05:10 PM
How do I get the link for updating part works from version 1.102 to the latest version? Thanks for any help Don Hunter:)

GeneMpls
12-01-2012, 10:16 AM
How do I get the link for updating part works from version 1.102 to the latest version? Thanks for any help Don Hunter:)

Short answer- SB will upgrade you for $150. I just bought a BT with the old
software and upgraded to gain the prism carve feature. Gene