PDA

View Full Version : Houston,TX Camp Shopbot !!!

billp
06-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Well it's actually in Rosharon, TX ( 25 miles South of Houston), but we'll use Houston as a landmark to work from...
On Saturday October 13th,
Troy Carlson ( and his ATC Shopbot) will be our hosts at;

CNC Millworks
2534 County Road 64
Rosharon, TX 77583
http://www.cncmillworks.com/
This will give some of you closer to the third coast a chance to make it to a Camp, AND get to see an automatic tool changing Shopbot in action.
We'll post details in the next few weeks and months, and as usual we'd ask that if you plan to attend please drop me a note at-campshopbot "at" gmail.com to RSVP.
You can also use that address for any topic suggestions, questions, etc.

lmraven
09-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Hello everyone!

I am very excited and happy to be the Camp location this fall. Everyone is very welcome to come. We will have a great time as usual. The address and contact info is correct. Please contact me if you should need anything at all.

Thanks a bunch and we'll see you there.

Troy

terryjones
09-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Troy,
I have already communicated to Bill that I will be attending. I am currently working in Houston and am staying not too far from you.

Thank you and looking forward to another Camp.
Terry Jones

grhtx
09-20-2012, 12:27 PM
I live in the Fulshear area and would like to attend the camp. I have a GPS and can find the address, but what time does it start and finish?

billp
09-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Gordon,
All camps start with a coffee/donut session between 8-9 AM. Then the Day runs until about 4PM with a Shopbot lunch thrown in the middle of the day.
I'll add your name to the list of people planning to attend right now.
if there are others out there that have not yet contacted us about this Camp please send me a note when you can...Thanks!

monkeywrench
09-21-2012, 01:20 AM
I might be able to make it back home (Pasadena, Tx) to attend but we're all the way out in San Antonio (Lackland AFB). Do ya'll plan on doing another Austin Camp in the future? Thanks

billp
09-21-2012, 03:32 AM
Thomas,
The Austin, TX Camp Shopbot is usually held the last weekend of February...

billp
09-24-2012, 08:41 AM
For those of you in the area who have never seen an automatic tool changer in operation, this would be a great opportunity. Troy has been using his ATC to do production cabinet work, and will be able to explain the process during the Camp.

billp
10-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Last week before the Camp. If you haven't contacted us yet to let us know you plan to attend, please do so in the next few days so we can have adequate supplies of stuff on hand....Thanks!

billp
10-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Camp hours;
8-9 - Coffee/donuts
9-Noon- AM sessions
Noon-1 Shopbot sponsored lunch
1-4 PM sessions
4-?
Bring something for Show and Tell while you're at it....

terryjones
10-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks Troy and Bill for the great camp. I enjoy the networking and I learn something new at every camp. :D

Terry

dmidkiff
10-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks Troy and Bill for hosting the camp. I had a great time meeting everyone. As usuall there were some regulars, but most were new faces. Enjoyed seeing the tool changer in action and hearing a spindle run.
Dave

billp
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks to Troy for hosting this one. it was a day of some pretty interesting talk, and techniques. I have posted pix on the Camp blog page at:
http://www.shopbotblog.com/index.php/2012/10/2012-rosharon-tx-camp-shopbot/

#1carpenter
10-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Bill, Troy, thanks much for a wonderful info filled day. eddie powell