PDA

View Full Version : Latest Control Software problem

ironsides
07-16-2012, 05:59 PM
SB3.6.44

After installing the latest version of SB Control Software, the spindle speed window does not match that shown on the Yaskawa VFD.

In fact, in order to get the full RPM of 18,000 on the spindle, I have to set the RPM to 30,000 on the RPM window and then the Yaskawa display indicates 18.0.

What is going on here? All earlier SB Control software did not manifest this problem.

George D Kelly

srwtlc
07-16-2012, 09:08 PM
George,

If you click on the left end of the spindle control window to bring up the fill-in sheet for it, look to see what the Htz scale is at. I'm not at the machine now, but I remember this happening also and it gets set to 60 when it should be 100. The issue was that it is being set for a desktop unit with a spindle.

Check that and give it a try.

ironsides
07-16-2012, 10:00 PM
George,

If you click on the left end of the spindle control window to bring up the fill-in sheet for it, look to see what the Htz scale is at. I'm not at the machine now, but I remember this happening also and it gets set to 60 when it should be 100. The issue was that it is being set for a desktop unit with a spindle.

Check that and give it a try.

Thanks Scott, I'll check it tomorrow.

George D Kelly

ironsides
07-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks Scott,

That did the trick.

George

srwtlc
07-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Good, wasn't sure til I got back to the shop. Been known to be a bit dyslexic. ;)