PDA

View Full Version : E-stop wiring

kc10flteng
10-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Hi guys...would somebody please confirm the e-stop wiring for me (I pulled this off an earlier thread). I got the control box without it being prewired and there is nothing in the documentation that addresses it except the control diagram which I can't seem to find. I've got a PRTa 96a. It's the last thing I gotta do before I turn this machine on after a 7 month assembly process. Thanks Guys!

ES1 - green
ES2 - black
ES3 - red
ES4 - white

scottj
10-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi Ron,

This would be a great time to call support to get the answers to starting up your machine for the first time, I will try to help by responding here though.
The PRT alpha96 should have the plug already wired onto the switch which will plug into the slot on the board marked E-Stop. The wiring diaram that you have above is correct, other variations on this would be:

ES1 -Red
ES2 -White
ES3 -Black
ES4 -Green

The important factor here is to keep the pairs correct, Red/White as one and Black/Green as the other. The contact points that these go to are ES1/ES2 (set one)& ES3/ES4 (set two).

I hope this helps to clear things up a bit, Please call Support if you have any questions.

Scott Julian
Shopbot Support

kc10flteng
10-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Scott... I got it right the first time. Reloaded all usb/control software/firmware and everything fell into place. This thing rocks!!!!! Just gotta figure out how to turn on the spindle.

Brady Watson
10-25-2006, 01:31 AM
SO,1,1

Hit the 'k' key and toggle Output #1 (which graphically Sets Output 1 ON/1 ~ SO,1,1) Spindle should start turning when you do this. Make sure that the collet/nut is either tight with tool in it or completely removed before turning it on.

-B