PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Problems...still

kfitz
11-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Please see attachments. Any ideas what the problem might be?

terryjones
11-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Kevin,

It almost appears your stock was not secure to the table or your table deck is not secure. This is just a guess from your pictures.

Terry

kfitz
11-19-2012, 06:34 AM
If only it were that simple. The stock and the spoil board are very secure.

Kevin

myxpykalix
11-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Looking at your vector picture are you sure that when you were selecting all your vectors to make the toolpath that you didn't select them all and left one or two out therefore creating that toolpath?

I have done that several times.....:eek:

kfitz
11-19-2012, 10:17 AM
The inside cuts are one toolpath, and the outside is a separate toolpath. The toolpath previews looks fine.

Kevin

zeykr
11-19-2012, 11:07 AM
If your stock didn't move (which would have been my first guess), then you are losing steps or have something very loose.

Is this an alpha or std? What bit are you using and what is your move speed?
Can you post a screen shot of your toolpath settings?

Acmeaviator
11-30-2012, 05:54 PM
It's a loose pinion - most likely the one on the z-car. I had the exact same problem when mine was first delivered. The fix takes just a few minutes - undo the hex head bolts that mount the stepper motor to the z-car and then tighten the heck out of the hex screw that secures the pinion gear to the motor output shaft. Remount the motor and you'll be good to go. After looking at you pics again I am 100% certain that is the problem. I have pics of "football" shaped holes and circles from that pinion being loose on my BT48.