PDA

View Full Version : Roller 'Botting

billp
02-11-2006, 10:35 AM
I was trying to figure out a way to move my Alpha into Jim Zaccaro's trailer the other day. Since my steel table was the original prototype for the PRT it will look different than what some of you are now using.
After a number of scenarios involving ramps, dollies, and lot's of large friends I came up with the following. Sort of like wheeled booties for a 'Bot. Just took 3"wheels (4-5"would be better)built the bootie boxes, and levered the machine into the air with a 2'by 4'so I could install them. Three sides were glued,nailed, with one side only being fastened by screws so it can be removed without having to jack the table up an extra foot to clear the bottom of the leg.
We removed the gantry for travelling purposes, and to remove a lot of extra weight.
Jim's trailer had a great ramp, and so He, Brady Watson, and myself just pushed the rig onto the ramp, and into the trailer (24'long, NO problem...). This week I will install wheels on the PR so it too can migrate to it's new home.Of course if we get blizzed in as predicted, skis might be more appropriate...

thecustomsignshop
11-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Worked Perfectly...