PDA

View Full Version : 'Error setting up for tool change. ATC(58)"

Chin_Kiat
05-13-2013, 12:17 AM
What is 'Error setting up for tool change. ATC(58)"? How to fix this up?

I got this error during CN72, after I fill in the bit number to zero.

jhedlund58
05-17-2013, 05:11 PM
I can not answer your question... guess I wonderin why no one else can or will... time to call manufacturer ... lifetime help support

bleeth
05-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Jeff: Probably because the only user of the ATC who contributes to the forum and really knows the ATC is no longer on it.
But looking at his question more closely I don't think you can have a bit number "0".

adrianm
05-18-2013, 04:25 AM
Which version of the control software are you using? The ATC and associated routines have changed a fair bit over the last few I think.

Looking at the code it seems that the error handling is still a work in progress and there are places where the programmer wasn't really sure what to do with certain events.

There should be some info displayed in the message screen (such as current tool and state) that would help track the issue down.

The latest versions of the routine allow tool 0 to be used. Not sure about the earlier ones.

davidp
07-11-2013, 12:59 AM
Tee,

That error means that your spindle drawbar is stuck open. On the side of the spindle there is a green lit button. It sometimes sticks in the open position. As you use your spindle more you will get sawdust in there and that will cause it to stick. Gently blow it out with compressed air.

David

Sydney
Australia.

davidp
07-11-2013, 01:01 AM
By the way, you have always been able to use bit 0. The bit number has nothing to do with error ATC "58".

David