PDA

View Full Version : Mobile shopbot

Justferfun@aol.com
03-13-2002, 06:36 PM
I do a great business at the swap meet with my woodworking and I am thinking of setting up a shopbot in a trailer and using it for cutting custom signs at flea markets, swap meets etc. my question is ....how feasable is this? how well will it "travel" and will I have to square it everytime I set up?

syp@earthlink.net
03-14-2002, 10:28 AM
I have moved my shopbot once. I rented a large uhaul truck so that i did not have to disassemble anything. I was very careful not to mess with anthing. The short is, everything ended up out of square and it took a couple of hours to re-square it.

sheldon@dingwallguitars.com
03-14-2002, 11:08 AM
You might have better luck with the table top version.

djhazeleger@midspring.com
03-14-2002, 01:52 PM
I personaly think it could be done. I would weld up a custom trailer where the trailer frame and the table were one unit, so the only thing you moved where the wheels. I would put a leveling jack at each corner, and store all the wood underneath to add some weight. I would figure out a way to lock the carraiges. I don't think things would move much, especially not enough to matter for quick signs.

justferfun@aol.com
03-14-2002, 04:00 PM
Thank's to all that responded to my question, I guess I really wanted to know if the shopbot was sturdy enough to take the "ride" every week . I plan on mounting it in a 12 X 8 inclosed trailer with a generator and dust collection system.
I'd also use it at home but it would stay in the trailer.
I haven't seen a shopbot , maybe someone in the so.Cal. area would let me sneak a peek ?? to see if this idea is even feasible.

Mark

donframbach
03-18-2002, 10:36 PM
Hello Mark,

I live in Ventura and would be glad to show you my ShopBot.

Don