PDA

View Full Version : 1 Shot Paint Sold

Bill I
08-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Just found out 1 Shot Paint was bought by Pittsburg Paint and they are dropping some colors and distributors.

khaos
08-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Just found out 1 Shot Paint was bought by Pittsburg Paint and they are dropping some colors and distributors.

I cant find a news story on that. Where did you get that?

joe
08-06-2013, 10:30 PM
For years this paint has been knows as the premium lettering enamel. Have Shopbotters taken to the Quill and Flats? Are they sneaking out in the garage, late at night, learning the skills of hand lettering? And have they latched on some of those old Speedball books to teach them how?

As a volatile material, I'm afraid it has a dismal future.

Now we have water based paints and lettering brushes that are far better and last longer too. Even our fellow sign writers over at "Creative Sign Makers of America" are throwing in the Turps.

Joe

terryjones
08-06-2013, 11:45 PM
I think this is what you were looking for.
http://www.paintsquare.com/news/?fuseaction=view&id=8579

khaos
08-08-2013, 08:46 AM
So this is almost a year old.

This from my friend Craig.

Actually Pittsburgh Paint, (PPG) purchased Spraylat last Oct. 2012. Spraylat was the the previous owner of One Shot. In my opinion, One Shot could not have found a better home. I imagine they will make some changes over time, including adding, modifying, and dropping colors. Hopefully maybe bringing back the "Unicorn" of One Shot paints,...... The Urethane. Which only made it into beta testing format when it was still owned by god-knows-which company. ( I think it was Consumer Paint Factory back then). There have been a few.....

I imagine if distributors are dropped, it is more of a voluntary thing. With PPG owning the company, distribution will undoubtedly increase.

Stripe on.